Relevant Ability: Charisma
You are skilled at one form of entertainment, from singing to acting to playing an instrument. Like Craft, Knowledge, and Profession, Perform is actually a number of separate skills. You could have several Perform skills, each with its own ranks. Each of the nine categories of the Perform skill includes a variety of methods, instruments, or techniques, a small sample of which is provided for each category below.
• Act (comedy, drama, pantomime)
• Comedy (buffoonery, limericks, joke-telling)
• Dance (ballet, waltz, jig)
• Keyboard instruments (harpsichord, piano, pipe organ)
• Oratory (epic, ode, storytelling)
• Percussion instruments (bells, chimes, drums, gong)
• String instruments (fiddle, harp, lute, mandolin)
• Wind instruments (flute, pan pipes, recorder, trumpet)
• Sing (ballad, chant, melody)
Check: The roll determines the quality of the performance, there will usually not be a target number.
Action: Trying to earn money by playing in public requires anywhere from an evening’s work to a full day’s performance, but a single song may only take a few minutes.