Aelerin Daelavel Athavon
Banished to the mortal world by the magic of a fey sorcerer, the sidhe strives to find a way home.
Skin Color: Alabaster white with a blue tint
Hair: Long white hair pulled back and held in place with a single braid
Eyes: Opalescent white with flashes of cool colors; no visible iris
Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 180 lbs
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 14 (+2)
Intelligence: 20 (+5) / 22 (+6)
Base Attack: +8 / +3
CMB: +7 (+8 BAB, -1 Str)
AC: 27 (10 base, +6 Int, +3 armor, +2 enhancement, +4 shield [warding], +1 natural armor, +1 deflection)
Touch AC: 21 (10 base, +6 Int, +4 shield [warding], +1 deflection)
Flatfooted AC: 16 (10 base, +3 armor, +2 enhancement, +1 deflection)
CMD: 17 (10, +6 Int, +1 deflection)
Fort Save: +8 (+5 class, +2 Con, +1 resistance [warding])
Ref Save: +5 (+3 class, +1 Dex, +1 resistance [warding])
Will Save: +10 (+9 class, +1 resistance [warding])
Darkleaf studded leather +2 (+3 armor, +2 enhancement bonus to AC, max Dex [Int] bonus +7)
Winterfang (impervious mithral longsword +2)
Attacks: +15 (+7 BAB, +2 enhancement, +6 Int) / +10 (+2 BAB, +6 Int, +2 enhancement)
Damage: 1d8+1 (1d8 weapon, +2 enhancement, -1 Str) (19-20/x2)
Melee Attack: +13 (+7 BAB, +6 Int) / +8 (+2 BAB, +6 Int)
Damage: 1d4-1 (1d4 weapon, -1 Str) (19-20/x2)
Thrown Attack: +8 (+7 BAB, +1 Dex) / +3 (+2 BAB, +1 Dex)
Damage: 1d4-1 (1d4 weapon, -1 Str) (19-20/x2)
Range Increment: 10'
Attacks: +9 (+7 BAB, +1 Dex, +1 enhancement) / +4 (+2 BAB, +1 Dex, +1 enhancement)
Damage: 1d8+1 (1d8 weapon, +1 enhancement) (x3)
Range Increment: 100'
Keen Senses: +2 racial bonus on perception checks.
Low Light Vision
Arcane Focus (replaces weapon familiarity): +2 concentration checks to cast defensively
Elemental Resistance (replaces elven immunities): Resist Cold 10 (5 racial +5 class)
Envoy (replaces elven magic): Comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, and read magic as spell like abilities 1/day each. CL 9.
Armor Proficiencies: All except tower shields
Weapon Proficiencies: All simple and martial
Detect Neutrality (As detect evil, limited to creatures with a neutral alignment)
Smite Foe 1/day: +Cha mod to attack and damage, +Cha mod to AC vs smite target, bypass target's DR. Lasts until target is unconscious or dead.
Swordbond: Summon sword as a swift action, 60' range, able to repair bonded weapon from a fragment with 8 hours of meditation. Current bound weapon: Winterfang.
Aegis of Shielding: Ward up to two targets within 10' range as swift action. Targets take -2 penalty to hit & spell DCs if the attack does not include the swordmage. Will Save DC 20 (10 + 1/2 swordmage's level + Int modifier) to negate penalty. If one of the targets makes an attack that that does not include the swordmage and the target is within 60', he can take an immediate action to reduce the damage taken by 17 (10 +Con mod +5 feat). This is subject to all the normal limitations of immediate actions (ie: lose the next swift action) so may only be executed once per round.
Astute Defense: Use Int modifier instead of Dex modifier to AC.
Detect Magic as a spell like ability, usable at will.
Swordmage Warding: Swordmage is covered in a magical barrier that grants several benefits; +2 shield bonus to AC or +4 shield bonus to AC if nothing is held in the off hand, +1 resistance bonus to all saves. As a force effect, it also applies to touch attacks.
Elemental Resistance: +5 bonus to a single type of energy resistance. Cold resistance was chosen to add to racial ability.
|Skill||Total Bonus||Ranks||Ability Mod||Class Bonus||Misc|
|Stealth||+10||4||+1||+5 Competance (Cloak)|
|Survival (From Headband)||+10||10|
|Use Magic Device||+10||7||+3|
Common, Elven, Abyssal, Aklo, Celestial, Giant, Goblin, Human, Infernal, Orc, Sylvan, Treant, Undercommon
Some items were quick priced via the Adding New Abilities rule and are noted below. Let me know if you want me to recalc the price from the ground up.
- Darkleaf studded leather +2 (4750gp)
- Winterfang (impervious mithral longsword +2) (13,000gp) - family blade, used to seal his grandfather's oath of loyalty to the Winter King
- Ring of Sustenance and Feather Falling (5800gp)
- Ring of Sustenance (2500gp base)
- Added Ring of Feather Falling effect, normally 2200gp (+3300gp)
- Ring of Protection +1 (2000gp)
- Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (2000gp)
- Traveling Cloak of Elvenkind (9000gp)
- Elvin Traveling Cloak (5250gp base)
- Added Cloak of Elvenkind, normally 2500gp (+3750gp)
- Headband of Vast Intellect (Survival) +2 (4000gp)
- Caver's Hammock (in winter forest white) (1200gp)
- Efficient Quiver (1800gp)
- Longbow +1 (2000gp)
- Wand of Cure Light Wounds (24 charges) (375gp)
- Arrows, Common (60) (3gp)
- Arrows, Unobtanium (3)
- Daggers x2 (4gp)
- Bedroll (1sp)
- Blanket (5sp)
- Wrist Sheath x2 (2gp)
- Cantrip (0th): Prestidigitation, Light, Mage Hand
- Booming Blade (1st): The swordmage makes a single melee attack which causes sonic damage. Additionally, if the target moves away from the swordmage, he suffers an additional 1d6 sonic damage. This effect lasts 1 round. If the target moves closer to the swordmage, stays in the swordmage’s melee range, or the swordmage moves away, no secondary damage occurs. A successful Fort save negates the secondary damage. The benefit from Blade invocations apply.
- Elemental Blade (2nd): Choose one element; cold, electricity, or fire. Afterwards, all the damage caused by the swordmage’s weapon is from that element. Attacks are calculated as normal; energy resistance and spell resistance applies, but damage resistance does not. When a swordmage gains access to lesser invocations, he may add acid to his elemental options. The elemental blade’s magic does not produce lingering effects, such as someone catching fire. The Improved Elemental Blade invocations are needed for the application of secondary effects. This invocation does not grant the benefit of a frost, shocking, flame, or caustic weapon, only the base weapon damage or damage from a swordmage invocation is so altered.
- Armathor’s Step (4th): Teleport as a move action, traveling 5’ every 2 swordmage levels (round down).
- Improved Elemental Blade (Cold) (4th): All attacks made with the swordmage’s weapon are changed to cold damage. Additionally, the target(s) must make a Fort save or be limited to half movement on his next turn.
- Dimensional Vortex (4th): If an ally is attacked by an enemy within 60’, the swordmage may take an immediate action to warp space around an attacker. The enemy is teleported up to 30’ to a destination chosen by the swordmage. The attack is then resolved on a new target chosen by the swordmage. If no valid target is available for the teleported creature, the creature’s attack is wasted. A successful Will save negates the teleport and the attack is resolved as normal. If the Will save is failed and the destination location is inherently dangerous to the target (open air or a pool of acid), the target gains a new save to negate the teleport.
Daelavel Athavon was born to landless noble courtiers of the fey Winter Court. Raised in the decadent and vicious politics of the Court, his parents hoped he would show some courtly instinct. Sadly, it turned out that young Daelavel had no mind for it. The best that could be said is that he learned exactly when to be quiet and when it was appropriate to speak in his betters' presence.
While he lacked a certain courtly grace, he showed a natural aptitude for the blademagic that ran strong in his bloodline. In time he would be squired to one of the Knights of Winter, the skilled swordsmen who owed direct fealty to the Winter Monarchs. After a handful of decades had passed, Daelavel and his Knight was traveling with an ambassador to the Court of Spring. The diplomatic party was set upon by Formori just before the border between the Spring and Winter territories. Daelavel demonstrated his valor during the incident by intercepting an attack meant for the ambassador. When the ambassador returned to the Winter Court, she filled the Monarchs' ears with praise regarding the bravery of the young squire. This brought Daelavel into the direct attention of the Monarchs.
Daelavel was often given assignments away from his master's care. As he repeatedly demonstrated unwavering and fierce loyalty to the Winter Crown, and absolute impartiality in executing their Majesties' wishes, the courtiers realized he was useless to their games. He couldn't be bribed. He couldn't be reasoned with. By preference he showed mercy, an odd thing in the Winter Court. But at the same time he showed no reluctance in executing those who had offended their Majesties. In many ways, he was simply a blunt object to be wielded at their Majesties' whims. Mostly however, he kept the secrets of those he was assigned to without whisper or implication as a result of his Knight's training.
In time, Daelavel was knighted and was inducted into the the Knights of Winter, earning the traditional title, "Aelerin." He swore his oath of loyalty to their Majesties upon the same blade which his grandfather swore his first oath to the Winter King. The same oath that also elevated his grandfather to minor courtly nobility. For years the Aelerin continued his service in their Majesties' names.
Then the day came when the ambassador the Court of Spring needed to renegotiate the treaty between the Spring and Winter Courts. Unsurprisingly, Daelavel was sent as one of the ambassadorial guard. After a few tense weeks, the negotiations came to a successful close. Then the ambassadorial mission was set upon by another Formori incursion on returning to the Winter lands. This time the assaulting force had an unknown Unseelie sorcerer with them. The sorcerer appeared to be familiar with the skills of the ambassadorial guard. A few brief seconds into the conflict the sorcerer had banished three of the guards to unknown locales. Daelavel confronted the sorcerer in an attempt to stem the tide of lost guards. That only made the Aelerin the sorcerer's next target. In short order, he felt the wrenching pull of a teleport and found himself on the Prime Material.
It has been weeks since Daelavel arrived and he is no closer to getting back to the Fey lands. His duty compels him to keep searching, but a quiet voice whispers that if he finds a way to return to his homeland he may be executed for his failure...