|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Revision as of 20:31, 19 December 2013
The twilight champion shares the devotion of a paladin, but has a disregard for the law that would offend most paladins. Twilight champions seek the middle road between law and chaos, and in so doing, find a greater good befitting all peoples. The Twilight Champion is a bastion of truth.
Twilight champions are members of an order devoted to the middle face of Eos, the one half lit by the glory of the sun and half shrouded in inky darkness. Lost along with the loss of faith in the Twilight face of Eos, none currently claim membership within the order.
Distinguished by their twilight blade, twilight champions fill roles in society much as paladins do. Most were itinerant and found a place among the common people. To pay their way, they would often exchange services as a mediator or laborer. One day could see a twilight champion assisting a farmer in the fields, the next he could be on the field of battle to protect said farmer.
Weapons and Armor
- Twilight Champions are proficient will all simple and martial weapons and Shields (Except tower sheilds)
- This replaces the weapon and armor proficiency of the standard Paladin.
Aura of Truth
- Beginning at first level the Twilight Champion is the center of a Zone of Truth spell that is always in effect. The Save DC is 10+1/2 Paladin Level + Charisma Modifier. The Twilight Champion is effected by this effect as well.
- This ability replaces the Aura of Good and Detect Evil abilities of the standard Paladin.
Call To Arms
- At first level the Twilight Champion can summon to him the equipment to respond to combat. As a move action the Champion can create a blade and shield out of light and shadow. These items are treated as masterwork quality. These items normally glows faintly, like that of a single candle in the darkness. Physically, it’s as solid as any other weapon and shield. During the day, these items appear to be solid light lined by a shadowy aura, which appears to give it definition. At night, the blade appears to be made of a solid shadow, outlined in a shifting multi-chromatic aura reminiscent of starlight.
- The twilight items are treated in all ways as a weapon or shield of the same type. Feats specific to weapons, such as weapon finesse, can be used with the twilight blade, assuming the blade takes a form appropriate to the feat.
- These items can be broken (They have HP and Armor as standard items of their type); however, a twilight champion can simply create another on his next move action. The moment he relinquishes his grip on his blade or shield, it dissipates.
At 5th Level, and every 5 levels beyond, these items gain a +1 Enhancement bonus, To a maximum of +4 at 20th Level.
- This ability replaces the Smite Evil of the standard Paladin.
- At third level the Twilight champion becomes a master of sword and board combat. While wearing no armor and wielding a weapon in one hand and a shield in the other the Twilight champion gains his Charisma Modifier as a deflection bonus to his armor class and CMD against sunder, disarm.
- At third level and every three levels beyond that a Twilight Champion may choose a feat from the following list as long as he meets the prerequisites. His paladin level counts a fighter levels for the purposes of qualifying for these feats.
- Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Improved Shield Bash, Shield Slam, Saving Shield, Shield Focus, Greater Shield Focus, Covering Defense, Shield Specialization, Greater Shield Specialization, Missile Shield, Ray Shield, Shield Master, Bashing Finish, or Shield Wall.
- Thia ability replaces the Mercy Special Ability of the normal Paladin.
Twilight Champions do not have the same access to spells the paladin does.
- Level 1: Remove bowstaff, deadeye’s arrow, longshot, and protection from chaos.
- Level 2: Remove arrow of law, divine arrow, and protection from chaos (communal). Add remove disease.
- Level 3: Remove daybreak arrow, heal mount, and magic circle against chaos.
- Level 4: Remove mark of justice, reprobation.