- Ability Score Racial Traits: Half-elf characters gain a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Type: Half-elves are Humanoid creatures with both the human and the elf subtypes.
- Size: Half-elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Half-elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Half-elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Half-elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
- Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus (Stealth)as a bonus feat at 1st level.
- Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
- Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.