|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Most of the areas within the Seattle Metroplex show a heightened level of mana.
Most of the areas within the Seattle Metroplex show a heightened level of mana
Revision as of 12:47, 14 July 2015
A discipline is a magical calling of the Sixth World for assistance in fighting with the Horrors that are awaking. Those that answer the call are granted incredible power as they become agents of the world itself, striving to keep it safe from the monsters that really do lurk in the dark places of the metahuman world.
These new powers will be available in the form of new metamagics or resonance echos that will hereafter be referred to as talents. The cost of these talents will depend on if the talent is within their discipline or not. A character is limited to one talent outside of their discipline per circle that they have achieved within their discipline.
- All talents within a characters discipline cost 10 karma to purchase.
- All talents outside of the characters discipline cost 15 karma to purchase.
- Talents may be taken in place of a metamagic or echo when a character initiates or submerges.
- Many talents have prerequisites that must be met in order to purchase them.
The true advantage of being an agent of the Sixth World is that is supports you every day. Each and every discipline has a Karma Ritual that will allow them to solidify their place as an agent of the world. Once a day a member of a discipline can take one hour to perform a ritual that will allow them to refresh their edge pool. Each ritual will be described within the discipline, however they all share the same mechanic. At the completion of the ritual the character may roll an Edge + Circle, 1 hour test with the resulting hits being added to the characters edge pool. Edge can not be increased beyond the maximum pool of the character, however it does allow for them to refresh daily.
When a character has the required talents to advance to the next circle they become eligible to advance to the next circle. In order to advance to the next circle that character must perform a extended Karma ritual with a threshold of the circle they are advancing to squared, with an interval of eight hours. The ritual costs Karma equal to the circle that is trying to be achieved to initiate and each additional test required to complete the ritual costs 1 Karma
- Second Circle:
In order to advance to second circle the character must have a total of three discipline talents.
- Third Circle:
In order to advance to third circle the character must have a total of five discipline talents, at least one of which must be of second circle.
- Fourth Circle:
In order to advance to forth circle the character must have a total of seven discipline talents, at least one of which must be of third circle.
- Fifth Circle:
In order to advance to fifth circle the character must have a total of nine discipline talents, at least one of which must be of fourth circle.
- Sixth Circle:
In order to advance to sixth circle the character must have a total of eleven discipline talents, at least one of which must be of fifth circle.
Upon obtaining a new circle, including the first, the characters edge will increase by one. The characters racial maximum edge will also increase by one.
Most of the areas within the Seattle Metroplex show a heightened level of mana. This will be reflected in game as an aspected domain. Each area will be aspected toward a specific spirit, school of magic, or both.
- If an area is aspected toward a spirit, and caster summoning that type of spirit will receive an extra die to the summoning test. The caster will also receive a bonus die on spells associated with that spirit within their tradition.
- If an area is aspected to school of magic then all spells of that school receive an extra die to the spell casting test. The caster will also receive a bonus die on summoning spirits associated with that school of magic with their tradition.
- If an area is aspected to both a type of spirit as well as a school of magic then these bonuses stack. For example the University of Washington Medical Center is aspected to health, being a hospital, and guidance spirits, being a place of learning. Should a mage with a tradition that has Guidance Spirits associated with the health school summon a Guidance Spirit or cast a health spell within this aspected area they will receive 2 bonus dice on either of those tests.
- In some cases an area may be heavily aspected toward a spirit or school of magic at witch point these bonus's increase with the level of aspected nature of the area.
- Spellcasting or Summoning tests performed within a area that is aspected to another spirit of school of magic receives a penalty to the test calculated in the same fashion as the bonus's.
- There are times that Geomancy is used to aspect an area toward a tradition. In this case, any caster of the tradition the area is aspected to receives a bonus and any caster of another tradition receives a penalty.